BD Microtainer® tubes with Microgard™ closure
These Microtainer® tubes have been designed to be used for the collection, transportation and processing of small amounts of capillary blood. They contain an inert gel barrier and a clot activator coating that is intended for the primary containment and preservation of specimens for the purpose of in-vitro diagnostic examination. Specifically to obtain and separate a serum sample.
The tubes are non-sterile, 10 x 45mm in size, manufactured from polypropylene and has a fill line indicator at 400µl and 600µl. Each tube is fitted with a high density polyethylene (HDPE) cap that has the BD Microgard™ closure, a safety-engineered closure protecting users against blood splashing after the tube has been opened. This minimises the dangers of unscreened blood mixing and also prevents the contamination of samples.
Supplied in cases of 200 Microtainer® tubes (4 boxes of 50 tubes), minimum order quantity 5 cases.
• Dimensions (Diameter x Height): 10 x 45mm
• Maximum Fill Volume: 0.6ml
• Separator: Polyester Gel (0.90 - 3.50g)
• Additives: Silica (0.10-2.56 mg/mL blood)
• Cap Colour: Gold
• Tube Material: Polypropylene
• Shelf Life: 15 months
• Cap closure: BD Microgard™
• Storage: Do not expose to direct sunlight and store at less than 25 degrees