Mepore® can be used in a wide range of wounds that have low to moderate levels of exudates. These include surgical wounds, cuts, and abrasions.
How Mepore works
The porous structure of the nonwoven fabric ensures air and water vapour permeability. The fabric is flexible, conforms well to body contours, and allows body movement when in place. In addition, the fabric is water repellent/hydrophobic and provides a barrier for blood and fluid strike-through.
The adhesive is designed to be gentle to the skin and at the same time provide secure fixation.
The wound pad can absorb moderate amounts of wound fluids, and the low-adherent wound contact layer reduces the risk of adherence to the wound.
The easy-to-remove release paper provides an aseptic application and the absorbent wound pad has a low adherent polyolefin coating to prevent trauma during dressing changes
- Self-adhesive absorbent dressing
- Easy-to-remove protection paper for ease of use
- Soft, elastic nonwoven with high breathability for better patient comfort
- Absorbent wound pad with a low-adherent wound contact layer for better patient comfort and longer wear time
- Skin-friendly, water-based, solvent-free adhesive for gentle and secure fixation
- Rounded corners for secure fixation
- Air permeable, prevents maceration and gives better comfort
- Spun-laced non-woven