Sterican Safety safety needles from B.Braun can be used for all types of injections and reliably prevent needlestick injuries. The safety mechanism can be easily activated with one hand and thus ensures maximum safety for the user. The disposable needles are available in a comprehensive, colour-coded range of sizes and can thus be selected to suit the respective treatment situation. The bevelled tip of the chrome-nickel steel needle and the fine silicone coating ensure a low-pain injection and thus offer a high level of patient comfort.
- Safety needles from B.Braun
- Compatible with Luer plug-in and Luer lock syringe connectors
- Safety mechanism is activated with a single hand
- Audible and tangible click sound confirms latching of safety mechanism
- Colour-coded polypropylene catheter connection (compliant with DIN EN ISO 6009)
- Chromium-nickel steel needle (compliant with ISO 9626)
- Bevelled tip and silicone coating for painless injection
- Does not limit vision of puncture point
- Fulfils requirements of TRBA 250, paragraph 4.2.5
- Individually sterile packed
How to use Safety Needles
- Fold the protective shield upwards with the thumb of the hand holding the plunger of the syringe until it is at an acute angle to the needle.
- Then press it against a straight surface so that the shield slides over the needle and a clearly audible and perceptible "click" occurs. During this process, the syringe is held by the plunger with only one hand.
- The syringe must always be held away from the body and must not point in the direction of a third person.
- The needle can now be disposed of as usual in a sharps container.